Modern Portfolio Theory
Triangle Financial Services utilizes the time-tested Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT) as the basis for developing investment strategies. In its simplest form, we optimize or maximize expected return based on a level of market risk.
For more details on MPT, watch this video by Investopedia that highlights the basic principles.
Analysis using Morningstar Office
We have access to tried-and-true software for investment analysis and research. Our access to Morningstar Office gives us, and you, access to quality investment research and analysis. Our customized reports offer more than just account balances; we review investment performance at every client meeting.
As an independent financial advisor, Triangle Financial is not tied to any one company’s products. This means we can truly customize a financial plan – and products – to fit your needs and goals.
Depending on your circumstances, you may opt to invest in some of these:
- ETFs (Exchange traded funds)
- Mutual funds
- Fixed products (annuities, brokerage certificates of deposit, life insurance, long-term care insurance, and more)
- IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts)
- Roth IRAs
- SIMPLE (Savings Investment Match Plan for Employers) IRAs
- SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) IRAs
- Joint trusts
- REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)
- Third-party bonds
- Variable annuities
- Variable life products
- 403(b) plans for public education organizations
- 529 (educational savings) plans
Companies offering products our clients prefer
One of the benefits of being independent is that we can pick and choose which companies and products excel in various investment goals. Some of those we work with include:
- American Funds
- Eaton Vance
- Voya (formerly ING)
- Mutual of Omaha
- ...and many others, too