Let’s be honest – how many times have you played the “if I ever win the lottery, I’m going to….” game? Most everyone dreams of being wealthy at some point. But what if you could think it into reality? Consider this: how you think drives your beliefs, which influences your attitude and feelings, and those motivate your actions. I’ve seen it – those who live with a wealthy mindset often set themselves up for a wealthy life.
As a financial advisor, here are some of the habits I see in wealthy people…with wealthy mindsets:
- They view building wealth as a necessity. I see it often – the wealthy prioritize wealth building activities. In fact, they will make sure money is saved to their retirement accounts before taking vacations. I’ve had to prove in a numbers analysis that they will be okay long-term if they make a temporary change to their lifetime habit of building wealth.
- Speaking of habit, they make building wealth an actual habit. Wealthy people put cash flow toward fostering wealth automatically before discretionary spending. They will track and monitor the numbers that matter, are mindful of how much they have, pay attention to what money is coming in and going out, and check this information habitually.
- They focus on staying in the positive. Positive cash flow, positive wealth and positive net worth. They maintain a positive attitude with money.
- They have a willingness to change. Staying fluid and knowing the right time to make changes applies not only to investment decisions, but also to life changes. Humans are creatures of comfort, so it is important to occasionally step outside comfort zones to not get stuck where we are.
- They don’t believe in winning or losing. Being resilient in unplanned situations is important. People with a wealthy mindset remain steadfast during the ups and downs of life, confident of their success in the end.
- They keep an eye on the bigger picture. People with wealth occasionally take a step back to gain perspective. Sometimes the value of investments change, and other times life changes require increased expenses. It’s important to continue taking small steps in the right direction.
- They don’t do it alone. Wealthy people are often wise people. They seek advice from others, surrounding themselves with those who think similarly. They are open to learning while being able to discern what is best for them.
- They spend with intention. Back to the first observation – wealthy people prioritize where they spend their money. They don’t spend indiscriminately; they practice frugal hedonism by putting their money in what they value most while continually investing in wealth.
What does wealth look like in your life? Here’s to helping you step into your abundance!